Experience, technical expertise, and service excellence.
Safety & Compliance
Health and safety are essential parts of our operations here at Landtran Express. As a member of the Landtran Group of Companies, we have access to their established, successful health and safety programs and training. Our employees are all trained and qualified to deliver the customers product safely and efficiently, as a company we consistently exceed regulatory standards.
Our commitment to safety is focused on two areas:
- As safe and responsible users of the road / highway systems.
- A safe and healthy work environment for our people.
Landtran Express strongly believes in investing in all our employees from yard staff to dispatchers to drivers by offering continual education, coaching, and training — especially important given ever-changing and rapidly-expanding technology. Knowledgeable and experienced personnel promote safe practices and ensure a high quality customer experience. Specifically, listed below are some safety initiatives and practices we have implemented:
- Landtran Express does not work with old or outdated equipment. Our trucks and trailers are late-model and inspected regularly.
- We focus on communication. We always know where your shipment is, and can always be in touch with our drivers while they’re on the road.
Landtran Express is proud to be COR certified. Our management and team of well-trained, professional drivers demonstrate strong commitment to our Safety Program through achievement of our Certificate of Recognition. To support our COR certification, we have a full time Safety Coordinator on staff. Managers and employees are committed to providing the safest work environment possible in the provision of services to our customers.
A Certificate of Recognition (COR) is awarded to employers who develop health and safety programs that meet established standards. Certificates are issued by Alberta Jobs, Skills, Training and Labour and are co-signed by Certifying Partners.
What are the benefits of having a COR?
A COR recognizes that the employer’s health and safety management system has been evaluated by a certified auditor and found to meet Partnerships standards.
Effective health and safety management systems have been shown to have an impact on reducing injuries. Also, many corporations expect contractors bidding on contracts to hold a valid COR.
COR certification is part of our health and safety management system - a proactive approach to minimizing the risk of injury or illness to workers. Our focus is on:
- management commitment
- hazard identification and assessment
- hazard control
- worker competency and training
- emergency response planning
- incident investigation
- system administration
Landtran Express Safety Tips
- Safety is a full time job - don't make it a part time practice.
- Safety is like a lock - But you are the key.
- Safety isn't expensive it's priceless.
- Safety is a mission not an intermission
- Safety is about doing the right thing, even if no one is looking.
- Safety is no accident.
- Safety isn't a hobby, it's a living.
- If safety is a joke, then death is a punchline. ~ Paul Laforest
- The only trip you take should be on vacation.
- Safety...Did it, done it, doing it tomorrow.
- At work at play, let safety lead the way.
- Safety...one habit you never need to break
- Safety starts with "S" but begins with "YOU".
- Safety is a Frame of Mind, Get the Picture.
- To avoid a scene keep your work place clean.
- Safety is a continuing journey, not a final destination.
- Safety rules are there to follow. So take care and we will see you tomorrow.
- The door to Safety swings on the hinges of common sense.
- Working safely may get old, but so do those who practice it.
- When you gamble with safety...You bet your life.
- Those who work the safest way - live to see another day
- Safety first, last and forever.
- Life is to short to take unnecessary chances
- When should you report a safety concern? Right away - as soon as you learn!
- "L" is for lifting - Lift with your legs and leave your back out of it.
- Sit up straight as you type away will help keep you safe throughout the workday.
- All in favor of safety glasses say "Eye"
- The shocking truth: Electricity kills.
- There is a fine line between "safe" and "sorry". Don't cross it.
- "If you mess up, don't hesitate to fess up"
- Think smart before you start.
- Success is no accident.
- Safety...It can charm you, or ALARM you!
- Avoid the worst. Put safety first.
- Behind the wheel, anger is one letter away from danger.
- Break the drive and arrive alive.
- Click it or ticket!
- Forget the nurse with safety first.
- Get smart! Use safety from the start.
- Keep safety in mind. It will save your behind.
- Make it your mission, not to live in unsafe condition.
- Near miss reported today, is the accident that does not happen tomorrow.
- If you are aware of it take care of it.
- Safety is a state of mind - Accidents are an absence of mind.
- Working without safety is a dead end job.
- When walkways freeze - walk safely please.
- Failing to prepare = Prepare to fail.
- Safety - a good friend to take home.
- Leave sooner, drive slower, live longer.
- The safest RISK is the one you didn’t take.
- K.I.S.S. - Keep It Safe and Sound.
- If you don't think it will happen to you, find the person who who had it happen to them.
- Check for safety then recheck.
- Safety is a way of life.
- Safety records don’t happen by accident.
- Better to lock out than luck out.
- Don't get caught in the web of unsafe acts.
- Normal speed meets every need.
- Don't fix the blame, fix the problem.
- Tell me- I forget, Show me – I remember, Involve me – I'm committed.
- Shortcuts cut life short.
- Safety comes in a can, I can, You can, We can be safe.
- Safety has no time out.
- Invest in tomorrow. Practice safety today.
- Broken tools can be replaced. You can't.
- Safety rules are your best tools.
- Just because you always did it that way, doesn't make it right.
- Stop accidents before they stop you.
- Never give safety a day off.
- Know safety No Accidents.
- Your good health is your greatest wealth.
- When you gamble with safety you bet your life.
- No Safety - Know Pain, Know Safety.
- Do the do's not the don'ts.
- Safety is our goal what’s yours?
- Safety First, Last and Always.
- Make safety a reality and don’t be a fatality.
- Safety is the most productive business.
- Safety is success by purpose – Not Accident.
- Think positive an accident is only an attitude away.
- Safety is free use it generously.
- Tomorrow – Your reward for working safely today.
- Safety...Do It For Life.
- Safety is as simple as ABC...Always Be Careful.
- The first 3 letters in workplace safety YOU.
- Before you start be safety smart.
- Safety is a full time job – don't make it a part time practice.
- You get what you inspect, not what you expect.
- Safety comes before schedule only in the dictionary.
- The safety risk is the one you didn't take.
- Safety – everyone’s full time job.